We all have affection for our loved ones, no matter how fast life becomes. Whether they are parents, grandparents, or any other close relative, we all adore them and want to show our love to them. Due to the fast-paced life, physically, it is impossible to be with them all the time. But, if we are sincere with them, we can show our care to them. All we need is to look for safety options for seniors, which will help us in this regard.
As this era belongs to technology, numerous medical alert devices for seniors can take care of our loved ones in our absence. With advanced technology, these gadgets are simple to use. They are portable devices with small speakerphones and mic. They monitor the medical health of the seniors. Generate and analyze different medical health-related reports daily. There are sensors attached to these devices which can detect any fall situation.
Automatically it sends alerts via a call to the trained support staff, friends/family, or even rescue 911 in case of any emergency. These life alert systems for seniors greatly help seniors and their families. Now, you can monitor the activity of your loved one through the help of a mobile app. These alerts can overcome any possible risk in case of an emergency.
Every year, more than 30% of persons over 65 experience a fall, and nearly half of this group has repeated falls. At the same time, 10% of falls involving persons over the age of 85 result in serious injuries, ranging from traumatic brain injuries to hip fractures. When hospitalization is required, the costs of a fall quickly rise.
A medical alert system can aid the user in contacting emergency services for considerably faster assistance, even though it cannot stop a fall or the ensuing injuries. Many systems include automatic fall detection in addition to manual emergency buttons, detecting when the user falls and alerting emergency personnel right away.
Who needs a medical alert system?
These are some of the primary justifications for using a medical alert system:
- If one lives alone at home.
- If your family or potential caretakers are far away.
- If you are prone to falling or taking any medications, that can make you more likely to fall.
- If you want the guarantee that a direct call for assistance will be made in an emergency.
- If you desire the ability to reach help even when not at home.
These are some of the users who should opt for these safety devices for elderly living alone as a precautionary safety step for elderly people.
How to buy a medical alert system?
Medical alert systems can be ordered online, over the phone, or in-store, but the buying methods depend on the company. Before purchasing, find a medical alert system that provides your needed functions. It would help if you looked for these essential functions, such as the capability to detect falls automatically and ask for assistance, track your whereabouts, and remind you to take your medicines.
However, it would be best to think about which features you’ll utilize and how much each feature will cost before purchasing your medical alert system. Research the alert company’s policies carefully to understand how the monitoring center operates, your contractual obligations, and out-of-pocket costs like activation and equipment charges.
Best medical alert device available
In this part of the blog, we will introduce some of the best available medical alert & fall detection devices for seniors. These details will help you assess the best product for your loved one. Home and Wellness Co manufacture these products. They are a smart technology business that provides seniors and people with physical disabilities with the tools they need to live independently in their homes.
Belle is one of the most modern fall detection systems for the elderly, and it has long battery life. It will guarantee your parent, grandparent, or other loved one’s security and peace of mind. Because of this gadget, you will be providing for them well even if you are not physically there by yourself. It is a little, handy device that can be used in an emergency to reduce risk. By pressing the button, the patient can connect with a qualified support representative. For hassle-free communication with our contact center, all they want is a 4G LTE connection.
Four months of service are included in the purchase price. After Free Months, $32.99 per month.
The Belle with Long Battery Life has the following features.
- This is a wireless device that can be used both inside the home and outside the home. This wireless alert system enables your loved one to live independently so they may participate in daily activities and maintain their physical and emotional well-being.
- According to research, 80% of falls occur in the bathroom. The Belle device is water-resistant friendly. It ensures that the device is operated smoothly during such a situation. It allows the senior person to wear the device during the shower as well.
- Our team consists of certified emergency situation handlers who are just a call away from your loved one. They can handle these tricky situations with great ease and gives confidence to your dear one. Our agents can timely pass on the message to the required rescue service i.e ambulance, police, or fire department. They can also pass on the important message to friends & family in no time.
From Home & Wellness Co., we have another high-technology fall detection device for your loved one. Sky LTE is one of the most up-to-date devices which will take care of your senior at home when you are not around. In an emergency fall situation, any kind of help is just a button away. It is an easy-to-use device, that an aged person can easily operate. They will be always in touch with you in case of any sudden mishap.
Sky LTE price is $ 87. You can add the item to the cart, after going through these exciting features.
Here are some of the salient features of the Sky LTE Device:
- The device works when there is cellular signal coverage in the area. It works with the 4G/5G technology. As there is nationwide cellular coverage, so there will not be any problem for the user.
- As the device is highly sensitive, there are chances of sending false fall alerts. To overcome this, there is a smart cancellation function that can be pressed, if a false fall is detected. Due to this feature, the accurate falls will be reported and these alerts will be highly reliable.
- There is a feature for selecting your preferred language at your convenience.
- For seniors who are hearing & visually impaired, there is an option of vibration and feedback to avail the gadget’s maximum utility.
- Sky LTE devices have the latest Bluetooth technology which allows integration with telehealth devices. The best possible care can be ensured with the use of Bluetooth technology. That is the plus point of the Sky LTE device.
- The battery is one of the best available in fall detection devices. From one time charge, it gives you 3-4 days of usage. It means your elder shouldn’t be worried about the battery issue. The device will ensure maximum safety and protection for your loved one in any sort of emergency.
- There is a smart location tracking system associated with the device. Due to its help, you can easily monitor the location of the user. It is connected with GPS technology. If your loved one is not at home, you can always trace their location.
- Sky LTE is a lightweight and easy-to-use device. The user can hassle-free operate and get the maximum benefit out of it.